top of page
  • Skribentens bildLi Karlsén

"Am I insured during my Freediving course?"

Do you really need (another....) insurance while freediving?

The answer is YES! Since most insurance companies only covers diving and watersport down to 5 m depth, and where Freediving usually is stated as an "extreme sport". Leaving you and your awesome gadgets without proper insurance during your courses and trainings.

Photocred: Freediving Central Australia

But don't be discouraged - when you're doing a course with us at Freedive Nordic we can help you with it this!

During our beginner courses (Lap & Wave 1) your instructor can arrange a temporary insurance (valid until certification, max. 365 days) at DAN (Dive Alert Network) for just 8€ (+VAT) that covers:

- Worldwide emergency medical treatment

- hyperbaric therapy

- hospitalization

- Emergency medical evacuation

Having an insurance during our courses is not mandatory but we do strongly recommend that all students/freedivers, no matter what level, to have an insurance of their own.

Please note that the student instructor (above) only covers emergencies and not non diving emergencies (such as travel assistance).

We recommend DAN's Sport Member Bronze insurance that's very affordable - approx. 59€ annually.

What is DAN?

DAN Europe (Divers Alert Network Europe) is an international non-profit medical and research organization dedicated to the safety and health of divers.

DAN has agreements with most pressure chambers around the world. In this way, they can set premiums for diving insurance as they regulate everything via their basic agreement.

DAN also undertakes to arrange all contacts. DAN does not have its own rescue organization but uses those in the world. DAN uses SOS International in Copenhagen for the Nordic region.

130 visningar0 kommentarer

Senaste inlägg

Visa alla


bottom of page